Monday, February 23, 2009

Classwork

Poem #1

I Never


I never put my things away.
I never dust my room.
I never fix the things I break.
I never use a broom.
I never take the garbage out.
I never buy the food.
I never get embarrassed
when a person sees me nude.
I never clean the table tops.
I never scrub the floors.
I never turn the TV off.
I never lock the doors.
I never wash the dinner plates.
I never say a word.
I never knew that life would be
so easy for a bird!


Before Reading:
About this title I predict that this poem is something a person never does and never plans to do. I think this poem about a person that never plans to do anything and will keep everything the same way it is. This poem has 16 lines.

After Reading:
I think that this poem is about that this person is lazy and never does anything that he asked to do.
My predictions were kind of correct.
The title relates to the story because the only is talking about I NEVER.
The name of this poem is " I Never"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poem #2

A Secret


It’s OK to tell a secret
to a dolphin or a seal,
but a pig cannot be trusted,
for a pig will always squeal!


Before Reading:
The prediction I have about this poem is about telling a SECRET. I think this poem is going to be about who can you tell secrets to.
This poem has 4 lines.

After Reading:
I think this poem was about who can you tell secrets too.
My prediction was correct.
This title relate to the poem because is about " A Secret."
The name of this poem is "A SECRET."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poem #3

Little Boy Blue


Little Boy Blue,
please cover your nose.
You sneezed on Miss Muffet
and ruined her clothes.
You sprayed Mother Hubbard
and now she is sick.
You put out the fire
on Jack’s candle stick.
Your sneeze is the reason
why Humpty fell down.
You drenched Yankee Doodle
when he came to town.
The blind mice are angry!
The sheep are upset!
From now on use tissues
so no one gets wet!


Before Reading:
I think this poem is about something that the blue boy did.
I think to me this poem is boring.
This poem has 16 lines.

After Reading:
I think this poem was about rain.
My prediction was incorrect.
The title does not relate to the poem.
What is the name of the poem? The name of the poem is"Little Blue Boy."


No comments: