Monday, February 2, 2009

Aim:How do we use spreadsheets to create graphs?

Linda Pichardo
February 02, 2009


       Today, during class we were learning about how to add data and use a Spreadsheet. I put the data in the spreadsheet. The data that I put in the spreadsheet was "Student Council Budget." Moreover, we were given instructions so we can put a Bar Graph and a Pie Graph. The first thing to do when you are trying to put a Bar Graph into a spreadsheet is go to where it says INSERT. Then, it says Tables, Illustrations,Charts, Links, and Text. I picked where it says charts and it is showing me all the different charts that I could put in the spreadsheet. To add on, I chose where it says Bar Graphs. After, I chose what graph I wanted, I named the Bar Graph. Moreover, I had changed the color of the Bar Graph. Furthermore, I did the same thing to put a Pie Chart in the spreadsheet. This table that I did is about a Student Council Budget. 

           I had to figure out between the Bar Graph and a Pie Chart. The Bar Graph describes the data much better than the Pie Chart. A Bar Graph best displays the Student Council Budget because it shows more information than a Pie Chart. For example, the bar graph shows values and the amount. A Line Graph is an appropriate display of the Student Council Budget. Finally, a Line Graph can be an appropriate display for the Student Council Budget it shows when the amount decreases and increases.  

           

No comments: